Why choose Bully Max ?
- THE HIGHEST RATED BRAND: Bully Max™ is the #1-rated and reviewed brand with a 96.8% customer satisfaction rating based on public reviews (the highest rating in the industry).
- 100% SAFE, NEVER RECALLED: While other companies carelessly use unsafe ingredients (which leads to recalls), we have developed an extensive quality assurance program, guaranteeing that our products are safe and balanced.
- THE MOST RESEARCHED BRAND: Over 21,812 hours or research and development went into our formulas.
- THE MOST TRUSTED BRAND: Used by over 393,932 dog owners worldwide including champion breeders, search and rescue units, and top law enforcement agencies.
- FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED: Bully Max is—and always has been—family owned and operated every step of the way. Even when it comes to distribution—we don’t use a middleman. We ship directly to your front door.
History of Bully Max
Hi. I’m Matthew Kinneman, CEO and founder of Bully Max.
I’ve always loved dogs. And I’ve been working with them for most of my life—starting 20 years ago when I trained police dogs.
Police dogs undergo a lengthy training process that includes obedience training, endurance exercises, agility drills, and training in specialty topics (like detecting narcotics or explosives).
Think of it like military basic training, only for dogs.
As you might imagine, dogs need plenty of protein, calories, vitamins, and minerals to keep up with this rigorous program. Of course I wanted to give my dogs the best food to help them excel at their training…but I ran into a big problem:
I couldn’t find a food that could keep up with my dogs.
Every dog food I tried—even so-called “healthy” and “performance” dog foods—were stuffed with fillers and unnecessary ingredients to keep costs low. As a result, they were low in nutrition.
The police dogs I trained were eating 10 cups a day just to meet their daily requirements!
The downside to eating so much food is that the dogs felt bloated and fatigued, which interfered with their ability to perform at the high level needed for police work.
I realized that I couldn’t be the only one having this problem. If my dogs were suffering from low-quality food, it meant that thousands of other dogs were, too.
And it didn’t have to be that way.
Clearly the big dog food manufacturers weren’t going to change things. So if I wanted to make a difference, I would have to do it myself.
So that’s what I did.
I consulted with experts and veterinarians. I researched ingredients and created the healthiest, most delicious dog food formulas I could.
I took out all the junk—the fillers, the artificial ingredients, the soy—and replaced them with real meat, real vegetables, real food.
The result was an all-natural dog food that contained 600 healthy calories per cup…making it the only performance dog food with a 5/5 star rating on DogFoodAdvisor.
With this new food, I was able to feed my dogs half the amount of food they used to eat. My new recipe gave them all the calories and nutrients they needed to excel in their highly rigorous police training.
I saw the effects of high-quality dog food first-hand. Since then, I’ve dedicated myself to helping improve the diet for as many dogs as possible.
To this day, I make sure Bully Max adheres to the same values that it was built on all those years ago:
I don’t put anything in my dog food that I wouldn’t feed my own dogs.
It’s a high standard to live up to, but we do it every day at Bully Max.